During a speech in the Bundestag (German Parliament), Alice Weidel, co-leader of AfD party (Alternative for Deutschland), slammed far-left Chancellor Angela Merkel exploiting the coronavirus to arrogate herself unlimited political power.
Merkel convinced the Bundestag to pass a nationwide “emergency brake” against the supposed third corona wave on Wednesday. The emergency brake is intended to establish binding nationwide rules for stricter coronavirus measures. In a roll call vote, 342 MPs voted for the law. There were 250 votes against and 64 abstentions.
Under the amended Infection Protection Act (IfSG), Merkel’s has been granted unconstitutional powers to declare paralyzing coronavirus lockdowns, curfews, and other freedom restrictive mandates. The new legislation disempowers Germany’s 16 states and transfers political power to the federal government. States are no longer free to implement federal coronavirus guidelines as they saw fit but must adhere to Merkel’s demands.
As previously reported at RAIR, Germany’s controversial Infection Protection Act (IfSG) already allows the state to isolate citizens in prison facilities, confiscate children, and place them in ‘forced Isolation coronavirus facilities.
The law now states that if cities or districts exceed a seven-day incidence rate of 100 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants over three consecutive days, local authorities must enact extreme mandates. Merkel’s measures include such things as; not having non-family members in your home, 10 pm curfew, school and store closures, etc.
Outrage Across Germany
Thousands of protesters took to the streets, many chanting, “Peace, freedom, no dictatorship!” The crowds waved German flags and banners which said the coronavirus lockdown undermines values enshrined in the constitution.
Police broke up the demonstration with pepper spray and made dozens of arrests due to participants “violating” Merkel’s tyrannical coronavirus restrictions. As previously reported at RAIR, from the beginning of the pandemic, her government aggressively policed its own citizens while still permitting flights from coronavirus-infected Iran and China.
The outrage did not just come from citizens but Germany’s only conservative party, the AfD. The party claims restrictions have failed to halt the pandemic and actually cause more damage to both the economy and people’s mental health.
The AfD is the only classical European party on the German political spectrum. They are family-oriented, want secure borders, and believe in preserving the nation-state of Germany.
AfD party members expressed outrage while the German Chancellor urged lawmakers to grant her unlimited powers in the name of combating the coronavirus. The negative reactions became so loud that Merkel stopped her speech. The Bundestag’s President Wolfgang Schaeuble stepped in and asked for the shocked members to allow Merkel to continue:
AfD Leader Alice Weidel Slams Merkel
AfD Alice Weidel took to the floor to slam Merkel’s authoritarian rule and exploit the coronavirus to create a police state.
“Never before has a federal government dared to include so many attacks on the fundamental rights and freedoms of citizens, on the rule of law and democratic principles in so few sentences as in this draft law,” she said.
“The proposed amendments of the Infection Protection Act are an alarming document of an authoritarian state, claimed Weidel. She continues, “This relapse into the authoritarian demon is coming from the chancellery and you, Madame Chancellor.”
German citizens no longer have faith in a government that persecutes and physically threatens its own citizens, explains Weidel. While Germans are arrested, harassed, and imprisoned for violating lockdown mandates, illegals act with impunity:
Citizens have lost confidence in a government that sends police officers with yardsticks to harass people seeking recreation in a park but tell police officers to stand by idly while [culture-enriching] clans celebrate large weddings.
Merkel’s lockdown measures have destroyed Germany’s middle class, and their businesses, claim Weidel:
You seize entire branches of business by prohibiting occupation. You expropriate retailers, merchant businesses, restaurateurs, and tourist businesses by forcing them to close for months without any prospect of a way out. Countless stores will never open again. Generational family-owned businesses are disappearing forever. The backbone of the entrepreneurial middle classes is breaking.
While German’s suffer due to Merkel’s coronavirus restrictions, elites like herself continue to collect paychecks and live freely explains Weidel:
For the millions of people, who don’t live in privileged areas, as some members of the Federal cabinet do, this is hell.
Watch Weidel’s powerful speech exclusively translated by RAIR. While Weidel pleads with Merkel to help German’s suffering from her crushing lockdowns, Merkel gazed at her phone in disrespect:
Despite the meager mortality rate, German citizens have been particularly brutalized during the coronavirus pandemic. See a list below of the RAIR articles addressing coronavirus tyranny in Germany. Is Merkel using the virus to prepare the ground for a totalitarian dictatorship?
Read the following RAIR articles on Coronavirus tyranny in Germany
- ALERT: Germany Opens Jails for Those who Refuse to Quarantine (Must Watch)
- Coronavirus Insanity: Merkel Advises Children to do ‘Squats’ and ‘Clap’ to Stay Warm in Frigid Classrooms (Video)
- BREAKING: Inside Germany’s Maximum Security Corona Jail For Quarantine Violators (Videos)
- ALERT: Germany Opens Jails for Those who Refuse to Quarantine (Must Watch)
- STASI ALERT: German Mayor Releases Video Training Children to Inform on Coronavirus Mask Skeptics
- WARNING: Head of Gov’t Health Agency Admits in Advance: People will Die From the Vaccination (Video)
- EXPOSED: Secret Recording in German Classroom Reveals Coronavirus Child abuse
- Coronavirus Propaganda Video Applauds Citizens For Doing Nothing (Watch)
- TYRANNY: Dr. Bodo Schiffmann’s Practice Raided by Coronavirus Police (Video)
- Police State: German Doctor’s Birthday Raided for Violating So-Called ‘Toilet’ Mask Mandate (watch)
- German Police Woman on ‘Questionable’ Coronavirus Pandemic: ‘Stand up and Say Stop’
- WARNING: Renowned Virologist Sucharit Bhakdi Warns Against Hastily Created Gene-Altering Coronavirus Vaccine (video)
- Prominent German Virologist: Masks are a ‘Health Risk’ (video)
- German State Health Officials storm school, illegally test terrified children for coronavirus
- German Doctor: ‘I had daily dangerous and deadly diseases and infections to deal with – Covid-19 is not one of them’
- Corona Tyranny: Student Reveals Teachers force them to wear masks despite overturned German mandate (Video)
- Covid Tyranny: Masked School Children Brainwashed into Isolation by the German State (video)
- Shocking New Law: German State Will Confiscate Children and Place Them in Government ‘Forced Isolation’ Corona Facilities (video)
- Child Abuse: Mother Slams School Order Banning Children Unable to Wear Masks (Watch)
- Dr. Guido Hofmann: Coronavirus is an introduction to a ‘Worldwide Dictatorship’
- Doctors Send Covid Vaccination Warning: Germany to use Citizens as ‘Lab Rats’ (video)
- DEMAND ANSWERS: Bill Gates’ Global Mandatory Vaccination Agenda Challenged by Germans (Must Watch)
- Germany’s Coronavirus Police State: ‘Pull back or I’ll use my weapon’ (Watch)
- Protests Explode Across Germany: Doctors & Citizens Demand Merkel’s Totalitarian COVID-19 Restrictions End (Videos)
- WATCH: Iron-fisted Germany broadcasts disturbing lockdown warnings while still accepting flights from coronavirus-infected Iran & China
- STASI TACTICS: German Woman Ignites Crowd, Denounces Coronavirus Tyranny (Must Watch)
- Politician Declares ‘False Alarm’: ‘The Gov’t Remains One of the Biggest Fake-News Producers During the Corona Crisis’ (WATCH)
- WATCH: German state threatens to confiscate children who don’t bring ‘daily health certificate’ to school
- SHOCKING: German Politician Exposes Coronavirus ‘False Alarm’ and Slams Social Media Censorship (Must Watch)
- Renowned Forensic Doctor Destroys Media ‘Killer Virus’ Lies: ‘Nobody has Died of Covid-19 in Hamburg without Previous Illnesses’ (Watch)
- German Lawyer Warns: Proposed Law could ‘Introduce Compulsory Coronavirus Vaccination for Everyone (watch)
- Double Standard: German Police Aggressively Enforce Coronavirus Quarantine Rules on All but Muslims (Watch)
- Erdoğan uses Coronavirus Lockdown as a vehicle to Blast the Islamic Call to Prayer Across Germany (Watch)
- BREAKING: Migrants waving ISIS flags fight to break German Covid-19 Quarantine – use Children as Shields (WATCH)
Honorable Mr. President, Madame Chancellor, ladies and gentlemen. Never before has a Federal government dared, with just a few sentences, to attack so many of citizens’ fundamental rights and freedoms, attack the rule of law and democratic principles, as it has with this legislative proposal. The proposed amendment to the Law on the Protection Against Infectious Diseases is an alarming document of authoritarianism. This relapse into authoritarianism comes from the chancellor’s office and from you, Madame Chancellor. Your distrust of the citizens and of democratic and constitutional institutions has clearly led the way in this proposed legislation. You distrust the citizens, which is why you want to shackle them by day and lock them up by night. You distrust the Federal states and their municipalities, which is why you strike with an axe at the root of the federal architecture of the German Federal Republic, disempowering state governors, state councils and mayors by federal law. You don’t trust the courts, the appointed guardians of good governance, which is why you shut down local and administrative courts by centralizing them. Possibly because they have just recently overturned some of your encroachments on citizens’ rights. Now you are granting yourself power of authority, your choice of words, not mine, to enact legal ordinances with the consent of the German Parliament. We say that curfews and lockdowns are disproportionate and unconstitutional. For the millions of people, who don’t live in privileged areas, as some members of the Federal cabinet do, this is hell. In the fight against the virus, however, curfews and lockdowns are useless, even counterproductive. The risk of infection is almost zero in the open air, irrespective of the time of day Arbitrarily setting incident number thresholds as a decisive criterion for such is also absurd. These are based on the number of tests carried out, and can be increased at will. These tests results aren’t set in relation to the proportion of people who actually became sick or the age groups of those affected, which makes them meaningless. This is confirmed by many scientists, most recently from the former head virologist at the Charité hospital, Professor Krüger. Listen to the science is your mantra, but you only listen to the voices you want to hear, those which confirm your prejudices. You dismiss any objecting opinions as a conspiracy theory. However, a differentiated and transparent debate is urgently needed in order to make better decisions. If your primary concern were really to fight the pandemic, you could have taken appropriate and targeted measures long ago — measures that we have repeatedly called for here. COVID-19 is particularly dangerous for certain risk groups. These endangered people must be offered targeted protection instead of restricting the fundamental rights of everyone and crashing the entire country into a wall. The prevention of overwhelming the health system is not achieved by locking up the entire society or by closing hospitals and reducing intensive care beds, but by targeted investment in personnel and infrastructure. You have had enough time to do this, but you didn’t use it. This amendment is actually for something else. An endless federal lockdown, despite the fact we have had five months of “break the wave” lockdowns and have more than proven that this primitive recipe does not work at all. As a hazard of consequence, you accept the destruction of the middle class. You accept that the labor market is destroyed by permanent state intervention. You accept that inner cities become deserted and that a whole generation of students is lost, along with the death of culture and community life. You seize entire branches of business by prohibiting occupation. You expropriate retailers, merchant businesses, restaurateurs and tourist businesses by forcing them to close for months without any prospect of a way out. Countless stores will never open again. Generational family-owned businesses are disappearing forever. The backbone of the entrepreneurial middle classes is breaking. Germany is facing a wave of insolvencies of unprecedented dimensions, accompanied by massive increases of depression, damage to children’s souls, older people wasting away in isolation, distraught adolescents and broken families These are the collateral damage of your permanent lockdown policy. The citizens are losing trust in the government. Among them, Westphalian restaurant owners, who when faced with ruin reopened their café out of desperation. Promptly the regulatory office strangles them all the more with high fines. Citizens have lost confidence in a government that sends police squads to break up pensioner birthday parties and chases children off the football field, but allows drug dealers to do business in parks. Citizens have lost confidence in a government that sends police officers with yardsticks to harass people seeking recreation in a park, but tell police officers to stand by idly while [culture-enriching] clans celebrate large weddings. For more than a year you have exploited the Corona crisis to enforce regulations that, under normal conditions, would never have been legally permitted. Travel bans, contact bans, assembly bans and tearing down the last demarcation line when it comes to national debt. Now the EU debt union can undermine the budgetary rights of the German parliament and take the German taxpayers hostage for spending orgies in Brussels. Now, under the pretext of infection protection, you’re trying to introduce emergency legislation which will bypass the constitution through the back door. Such legislation is not provided for by our constitution for good reasons. This essentially means that you want to place citizens under general suspicion of being potential health hazards, deprive them of their basic rights and lock them up. It would be grotesque and wrong to give such far-reaching additional powers to a government that has failed so often, so blatantly and broken the law. The AfD party therefore rejects this legislative proposal out of a deep liberal and democratic conviction. Thank you