On Saturday night, more “protestors” took to the streets ostensibly to protest the death of Rayshard Brooks, who was killed after an altercation with police officers at a Wendy’s fast food restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. Officers attempted to arrest Brooks after he failed a field sobriety test.
As reported at Heavy, “during a physical struggle with officers, Brooks obtained one of the officer’s Tasers and began to flee from the scene. Officers pursued Brooks on foot and during the chase, Brooks turned and pointed the Taser at the officer. The officer fired his weapon, striking Brooks…”
The officer evidently has no right to protect himself. Instead of calling for calm and due process, the NAACP and politicians like Stacey Abrams predictably added fuel to the fire, throwing police officers under the bus.
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms declared within a day that Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields offered her resignation “so that the city may move forward with urgency in rebuilding the trust so desperately needed throughout our community.” The mayor has unsurprisingly called for the officer who protected himself to be fired. On early Sunday morning, it was announced that Officer Garrett Rolfe was fired and the Officer Devin Bronsan is on administrative leave.
RAIR Foundation USA has been documenting the Antifa / Black Lives Matter riots as history becomes scrubbed in real time to present rioters as peaceful protesters:
- Attacks on Law Enforcement: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots
- Attempted Murders & Violence towards Civilians: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots
- Looting and Destruction of Businesses & Property: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots
- Stockpiled Weapons Supplied to Rioters: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots
- Do Their Lives Matter? People Killed During the 2020 Riots: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots
Here are some of the tweets from people in Atlanta:
RAIR will continue to update readers as information develops.