Leftists on social media are desperately trying to back away from their party’s anti-police activism as murders in the past year have skyrocketed to their “largest increase on record”.
The effort to erase history comes as Senator Tim Scott cited the left’s desire to defund the police as a reason discussions surrounding an obscene $3.5 trillion dollar spending bill broke down. It should be noted that this author is vigorously against any proposed spending bills, which serve only to benefit radical left initiatives and enrich cronies.
Do Not Let Them Erase History
In the wake of anti-police riots in 2020, democrats rushed to throw police under the bus. Democrats seemingly were competing with one another to bash police the loudest.
On May 30, 2020, Reuters reported that “at least 13 Biden campaign staff members” donated to bail out the violent rioters that torched the third precinct in Minneapolis on May 29, 2020. On June 1, 2020, red diaper baby Kamala Harris tweeted her support of the same bail-out fund.
On June 8th, Democrats kept the anti-police momentum going with embarrassing theatrics as they introduced the deceptively-named “Justice in Policing” Act, which passed in the House in March, 2021.
As reported at RAIR Foundation USA at the time, the legislation was introduced by Jerry Nadler, a member of America’s largest Marxist organization, the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) and one-time Black Panther Party member Karen Bass.
The Democratic Socialists of America endorses abolishing police, and Jerry Nadler was confirmed to be a member of DSA. In the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, the Black Panthers murdered numerous police officers. And Karen Bass was a Black Panther member. These two introduced the “Justice in Policing” Act.
As reported at RAIR in May of this year, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene explained how the Justice in Policing Act would strip “qualified immunity” for police:
That means police officers can be sued if someone is upset with them for their actions on the job. Police officers don’t make a lot of money. They can’t afford big attorney bills. It will ruin them. Just because someone may get their feelings hurt because they got arrested. H.R. 1280 also will allow police officers to be put on a list.
That means if it’s proven or unproven, someone can accuse a police officer of doing some sort of wrong and their name and information gets put on a public list that the department of justice will manage on a website that’s open to anyone that wants to look it up. Founded or unfounded, their actions, no matter if it’s true or not, their name goes on this list and what they’re being accused of.
Watch her statement on the House Floor (transcript here):
Yes, Joe Biden called to Defund Police.
Not only did then-candidate Joe Biden call to defund police, he did it on video. As reported at Hot Air:
Biden is talking about a variety of things here, including the idea that the police don’t need any surplus military equipment or “weapons of war.” But he’s talking about more than that as well. [Ady] Barkan interrupts him at one point to flatly ask if they can “agree that we can redirect some of the funding” from the cops.
This is the exchange:
Ady Barkan: “Can we agree that we can redirect some of the funding [from the police]?”
Joe Biden: “Yes, absolutely”
This is the video:
Read selected articles on the communist-driven effort to politicize and defund police:
- #JusticeInPolicing: In the Wake of Riots, Democrats Unite to Cripple Police Officers
- Meet the Police Officers Murdered by the Black Panthers
- In the wake of riots, Minneapolis council member Jeremiah Ellison brags about ‘dismantling’ police
- Unlearned Lessons from the Torched Third Precinct
- FBI ALERT: Communists In Their Own Words Take Credit for Riots in Explosive Three Minute Video (Must See)
- Meet Don Harris, Kamala Harris’ Communist Father
- War Declared! List of Attacks on Law Enforcement: RAIR Series on Far-Left 2020 Riots (Part One)
- Long List of Times Stacey Abrams and Democrat Leaders Organized Insurgents to Storm State Buildings (Must See)
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Slams Democrat Bill to Destroy Police While Embracing Antifa (Video)
- Iowa: Girl’s Volleyball Team Fundraising Poster Banned for Supporting Police
- ‘Get off Your Knees’ – Ret. Terrorism Detective Stephanie Ameiss Demands Police Stop Submitting (Watch)
- Despite Mob Resistance to Arrest, Twitter Says Protest in Iowa Capitol was ‘Peaceful and Legal’ (Video)
- Alert: Oprah Winfrey Joins Socialist Groups For Webinar On How to Seize Control of the Senate
- Socialist Takeover: Militant Left-Wing Groups Descend on Georgia to Seize Control of the Senate
- Where is the GOP? DSA Member & Marxist Agitator Marcela Mitaynes Unchallenged for New York Assembly’s 51st District
- RAIR EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: It’s Time to Take Democratic Socialists of America Very Seriously