Paul Hodgkins is serving eight months in prison for being a vocal supporter of a duly elected president. There is no other logical reason for his sentence, which was handed down to him after he wandered around the Capitol building for 15 minutes on January 6th.
According to USA Today, Hodgkins “spent 15 minutes in the Senate chamber, holding a flag supporting former President Donald Trump and taking pictures.”
Julie Kelly of American Greatness writes:
Paul Hodgkins, facing an enemy he clearly underestimated, asked for mercy anyway. In a statement before sentencing, Hodgkins told the court “without a shadow of doubt, I am truly regretful for my actions and the way this country I love has been hurt.” He said he traveled to D.C. alone to “support a president I love.”
Then he said the words Joe Biden’s Justice Department wanted to hear, words reminiscent of the sort of Soviet-style confessions beaten out of political dissidents the world over: “Joseph R. Biden is rightfully and respectfully the president of the United States.”
The former Eagle Scout then explained to Judge Moss what would happen if he were sent to prison. (Defense lawyer asked for probation; the government asked for 18 months.) “The felony conviction will cost me several of my civil rights. I will lose the job I love.” Hodgkins said he’s in an apprenticeship at work and hoped to be promoted to mechanic but his employer won’t be able to keep him on while he’s in jail. “I will lose the house I rent and have to find a place for my two cats.”
Moss, however, showed no mercy. The Obama appointee at times sounded more dramatic than the average pre-teen girl. The circumstances of the Capitol breach are so beyond the pale, Moss claimed, that there is no equal—including the weeks-long protests against the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh in 2018, which [Defense Attorney] Patrick Leduc raised in court. “There is no existing benchmark. This case defies comparison to other obstruction cases.” (None of the more than 200 activists arrested during the Kavanaugh protests was charged with obstruction of an official proceeding.)
He called the brief delay in certifying the election results “chilling” and warned the day is a stain on the county’s history. “Democracy requires the cooperation of the governed,” Moss warned. “Democracy is in trouble. This is a damage that will persist in this country for decades.”
As reported at RAIR Foundation USA, the events at the Capitol on January 6th pale in comparison to leftist violence at state buildings, including the Capitol building.
Watch the left excuse violence in this supercut by Tom Elliot:
USA Today showed a video that was used during the trial as evidence against Paul Hodgkins.
They ominously warn viewers:
WARNING: The Raw, unedited videos contain obscenities and depict violent acts.”
Contrast to another USA Today video posted on June 12, 2020, which gushed over the violent area initially known as the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” (CHAZ) and later changed to the “Capitol Hill Occupied Protest” (CHOP):
Watch a discussion featuring Hodgkins’ attorney, Patrick Leduc, who spoke with Greg Kelly of Newsmax in the wake of the sentencing:
See RAIR’s coverage of the events that took place on January 6, 2021:
- Tucker Carlson: ‘FBI Operatives’ Organized Events at the Capitol on January 6 (Video)
- Persecution: Capitol Protesters Held in Solitary Confinement ’23 Hours a Day’ – 513 People Charged
- The Attorney for Ashli Babbitt’s Murderer is a Radical Leftist
- The Only Person Known to Have Broken a Window on January 6th is a Violent BLM Protestor (Videos)
- Despite Mob Resistance to Arrest, Twitter Says Protest in Iowa Capitol was ‘Peaceful and Legal’ (Video)
- Did Officer David Bailey Kill Ashli Babbitt?
- Who Killed Ashli Babbitt?
- WARNING: Biden Administration Weaponizes Left-wing ‘Research’ to Target Innocent Citizens
- Watch Democrats, Celebrities and Media Call for Insurgency and Violence Against Trump and His Supporters (Video)
- Political Set-up: FBI Hunts Citizens Directed Into The Capitol
- Patriots Stop Antifa from Breaking Windows at the Capitol Building (Video Proof)
- Long List of Times Stacey Abrams and Democrat Leaders Organized Insurgents to Storm State Buildings (Must See)
- Criminal BLM Rioter who Infiltrated Capitol Praised by News as ‘Civil Rights Activist’ (Video)