DONATE
RAIR

VICTORY: UK Village of 700 Forced to Accommodate 1500 Migrants; Arrivals Canceled Due to Protests

Asylum seekers will not be arriving at a controversial reception center in Linton-on-Ouse today, May 31, Yorkshire Live understands.

Around sixty asylum seekers were expected to be moved into the center at the site of a former RAF base in the village today. But it is understood the Home Office last night told Hambleton District Council that it is yet to make a final decision on the center.

Linton-on-Ouse Action Group (LoOAG) says the delay is a small “win” for residents in the village, but a spokesperson for the group has warned: “The fight is not over.” Today, the Home Office has reiterated its belief that the site “is urgently needed” as the government looks to “end the use of asylum seekers using hotels.”

The controversial center in Linton-on-Ouse will have the capacity to temporarily home 1,500 men. It is understood from the Home Office that the center will include on-site facilities and that transport links to nearby towns and cities, such as York, will be available to those staying at the former military base. Asylum seekers staying at the center will be moved on after six months.

Linton-on-Ouse villagers held a demonstration outside the village hall against the plans (and against the Home Office) to host asylum seekers at the former RAF Linton on Ouse base earlier this month. 

Speaking to Yorkshire Live today, Mark Goddard, Linton-on-Ouse Parish Council chair, said: “No asylum seekers have arrived today and, as far as we are aware, they are not going to. The Home Office has sent a letter to Hambleton Council confirming that they have not made any final decision regarding the facility.

“It gives us hope that they look at it and realize the impact on the village is going to be horrific. It gives that little glimmer of hope.”

[…]

The delay follows a heated meeting between residents and the Home Office at Linton-on-Ouse village hall on May 19, leaving some in tears.

Yorkshire Live

Amy Mek

Investigative Journalist: Banned in parts of Europe, Wanted by Islamic countries, Threatened by terror groups, Hunted by left-wing media, Smeared by Hollywood elites & Fake religious leaders.

5 comments

  • OUT WITH THIS MUSLIM SHIT AND CRIMINALS (NO ID = TERRORIST OR CRIMINAL OR RAPIST) FROM EU AND UK IMMEDIATELY!

  • Fast forward 20 years after the gimmegrants have had 6-7-8 children
    and ‘it’s our country now’ Kosovo rings a bell..

  • Kick these foreigners out. There are already too many people in the U.K. I sure don’t want them near me. They will be given free everything by the satanic government.

    Look out for burglaries and muggings.

***
...


Want to help?

$
Personal Info

Donation Total: $1.00

RAIR Rumble Channel

Canada's War on Doctor Who Refuses to Surrender Medical Records of Covid 'Vaccine' Exempt Patients
Ground Breaking: Italian Court Orders Analysis of Covid 'Vaccines' to Determine if 'Harmful'
Casket Manufacturer: Coffins for Children Ordered in Bulk, 'First Time in Over 30 Years'

Our Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter to receive relevant updates throughout the week.



Do you live in the US



Send this to a friend