On August 7, 2021, school board members and other Pennsylvania officials took part in an online seminar hosted by a front group for America’s largest Marxist organization, the Democratic Socialists of America, in order to protect and defend Critical Race Theory (CRT).
Aspiring, current and former school board members included Josh Laird (Adams County), Bill Wood (Avon Grove School District), Lisa Longo (Phoenixville), Rebecca Britton (Downingtown), Monica D’Antonio (Norristown), Elizabeth Dunn (Pittsburgh), and Jennifer Gross (School Director, Bucks County).
The webinar, headlined “Our Revolution PA: Understanding Critical Race Theory”, was designed to help officials “rebut” objections to the false narrative that America’s institutions are inherently racist. “Join us, August 7th, for a discussion about Critical Race Theory. We’ll explain how you can effectively rebut this manufactured and opportunistic right-wing media talking point,” the invitation said in part.
Throughout the event, Kimberle Crenshaw and Derrick Bell were featured on screen with the quote:
“Through the study of law and U.S. history, [Critical Race Theory] attempts to reveal how racial oppression shaped the legal fabric of the U.S. [It] is traditionally less concerned with how racism manifests itself in interactions with individuals and more concerned with how racism has been, and is, codified into the law.”
While the quote attempts to explain CRT, it makes the unconscionable leap that racism is embedded in America’s legal system. Attendees had difficulty defending CRT, and appeared to be much more comfortable bashing detractors by misrepresenting their objections. According to the CRT defenders, white people object only because they are afraid of demographic changes, losing power, losing money, etc.
The problem that honest people have with Critical Race Theory and similar concepts is that they are entirely based on the dangerous false premise of systemic racism.
In addition to Our Revolution leaders, attendees included:
- Josh Laird, who serves on the school board in Adams County, Pennsylvania,
- Zinn Education Project organizer Tamara Anderson, who teaches at West Chester University in the Education Policy Department.
- State Representative Brian Sims, who received national news coverage in 2019 for harassing an elderly woman, as well as a mother and her two daughters outside a Planned Parenthood in Philadelphia,
- Associate professor of history at the University of Pittsburgh Lara Putnam (who does not appear to have attended),
- Maurice Baynard, Visiting Assistant Professor, Critical Studies at University of the Arts,
- Karyn Hollis, a member of Our Revolution who teaches Critical Race Theory at Villanova University,
- Bill Wood, School Board member running for re-election in the Avon Grove School District,
- Lisa Longo, former Board President of the Phoenixville Area School District,
- Rebecca Britton, Downingtown Area School Board Vice President,
- Monica D’Antonio, Norristown Area School Board Director,
- Elizabeth Dunn, Candidate for Shaler Area School Board,
- Jennifer Gross, Quakertown Community School Director
Critical Race Theory and similar doctrines are Marxist-devised concepts designed to harm America. It is not about teaching “real history.” If Critical Race Theory was really about teaching “real history,” than surely students should be taught about the racist history of the Democrat party.
Watch the webinar and share with your friends in Pennsylvania:
Watch a recent speech by author and speaker Trevor Loudon about the Marxist roots and danger of Critical Race Theory:
Read RAIR Foundation USA’s Coverage on Leftist Race Doctrine:
- BOOM: Trevor Loudon Delivers Powerful Testimony on Marxist Critical Race Theory (Video)
- WARNING: The ‘Systemic Racism’ Lie is a Threat to National Security
- Biden National Security Advisor: ‘Dismantling Systemic Racism’ is ‘National Security Priority’
- Author James Simpson Warns: Communists See ‘Rare Opportunity’ to ‘Finally Seize Complete Power’ (Video)
- No Whites Allowed: Hillary Clinton’s Indivisible Launches Blacks Only Caucus
- Academia.edu Promotes Anti-White Art Exhibition
- Smack Down: ‘Half Black Conservative’ Debunks White Privilege Lie in One Minute (Videos)
- White Communist ‘Father of White Privilege’ Noel Ignatiev Dies; Leaves Legacy of Loathing
- Nickelodeon Features Drag Queen Teaching Children Race-Baiting LGBTQ politics (Video)
- ADL: Opposition to Antifa equals White Supremacy
- 12 Easily-Debunked Leftist Lies